Official advice is subject to change, and we’ll try and keep this page up to date.
Know the Covid-19 symptoms: a cough, high temperature or shortness of breath.
Know to stay home if unwell with Covid-19 symptoms
Phone HealthLine first 0800 358 5453 or your surgery – do not present in person until instructed.
You are well prepared for now if you:
- Practise hand and cough/sneeze hygiene
- Use a safe contact alternative to handshakes/kisses.
- Use trusted information sources like RNZ, The NZ Ministry Of Health, the WHO or Associate Professor Siouxsie Wiles and keep up to date
- Have a household plan based on these trusted sources
- Provide your guests with hand hygiene on arrival
- Have at home a list of IN CASE OF EMERGENCY (ICE) phone numbers – include the Ministry of Health healthline 0800 358 5453 (free 24/7)
- Have a pandemic buddy if you live alone, share essential information with them and work out how you will support each other
- Join the GRA group on Neighbourly and know how to post there
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces at home
- Can Connect Four: know the phone numbers of the neighbours on either side and to the front and back of your place
You may face 14 days of isolation:
- Have supplies for 14 days for you, your household and pets
- Plan your supply of medications and their delivery
- Download useful apps – include supermarket delivery and UberEats and know how to use them
- Have a phone, data and a plan you can renew remotely
- Make sure you can Connect Four and have a pandemic buddy